Fish is a journal promoting research led writing about arts and visual culture centred on Hull and the region. The publication will be a forum for debate; connecting organisations, artists and audiences. We will feature critical but accessible writing and support creativity and culture in the city and surrounding area.
The aims of Fish are:
– To connect people with different ideas and perspectives through critical debate and research-led writing about arts and visual culture
– To explore the relationships between critical writing, contextual theory and creative practice
– To collaboratively examine ideas and concepts in accessible ways and celebrate the depth and complexity of critical discussion
– To develop and raise the profile of Hull and the region as a centre for critical, academic and research-led writing through outward facing conversation
– To support and showcase local talent and to promote the value of our creative industries through our work with writers, contributors and artists.